We are excited to announce that Musicology is moving to a new location at the end of February. Our old lease has expired, and it is time to move on to greater things!
Musicology opened it’s doors at our current location on 2576 Sunset Point Road in the tender Spring of 2006. We have many fond memories so far, and here are some highlights of what we have all been a part of accomplishing thus far:
Musicology is proud to be an important hub and breeding ground for the cultivation of great music and the furthering of a musical culture in the Tampa Bay area, and we look forward to continuing this legacy in partnership with our Musicology students and families at our new location!!
- We have served and taught well beyond 1000 students since 2006.
- We have musically inspired and ignited countless people, equipped their hands, ears and minds to the vastness and beauty of music, making them lifelong fans and participants of music!
- We have proudly equipped and sent off numerous students to some of the worlds most prestigious music colleges: Berklee School of Music, Belmont, UCLA, Columbia Music School Chicago, Manhattan School of Music, University of Miami, University of North Florida, Players School of Music, etc. The Musicology alumni accomplishments are getting more and more impressive each year, still waiting for our first Julliard attendee…
- Musicology has held lots of awesome and memorable concerts and benefits, hosted legendary jam sessions, and delivered inspiring workshops.
- Musicology has organized and completed countless School of Rock bootcamps and courses that have ignited a new generation of musicians and performers through an ensemble-type setting.
- We have hosted numerous rockin’ School of Rock concerts in our local communities including, the Safety Harbor 1st Friday series and The Dunedin Brewery as well as at our own location.
- Musicology also started offering Skype lessons in 2013 and now teaches students as far away as Miami, South Carolina, and Nashville.
Our new location is only a little over a 5-minute drive from our current location. You will love the gorgeous historic Kapok Garden (pictured below) through which you meander to enter our building. The physical address of our new location is: 923 N. McMullen Booth Road, located in the Kapok Pavilion behind Sam Ash (not in Sam Ash nor are we affiliated with Sam Ash in any capacity). We will be utilizing the Players School of Music facility, which is located through the garden area on the south and east side of of the Kapok Pavilion’s parking lot. Drive to the back of the building and enter in through the garden area. This building sits on the east side of McMullen Booth and is just north of Drew street, south of Ruth Eckerd Hall…if you pass Ruth Eckerd Hall, you went too far.
We are really excited about this move and starting this new chapter of our journey as we continue to help equip you along your musical journey. If you have any further questions feel free to ask Meghan or any of the Musicology teachers when you are in for your weekly lessons, or give us a call anytime.
Thanks again for being a part of our unfolding story. We are thankful for each of you and feel privileged to serve you.
The Musicology Team
P.S: We just purchased a Foosball table too for our new reception area
Let the epic battles begin….
“Where there is no culture create your own” Marty Morell (drummer with the legendary Bill Evans trio)
Guitar instructor Peter Mongaya is now accepting a limited amount of advanced students/players. If you are serious about improving your guitar craft and musical skills in 2014, Peter will be able to help take you to the next level!! Lessons may include: change playing (playing over changes), jazz comping, triads: spread/close, 3 parent scales/21 modes, [...]
For all you that don’t know our teacher and owner Peter Mongaya, aside from being a great teacher, Peter is also a national level professional guitarist who plays with various artists as a sideman. Peter is going on a mini tour with international recording artist/ saxophonist Euge Groove this upcoming week. They will be playing [...]
Hey Musicologists, Summer is in full bloom in Florida: Rain, rain and more rain!! We hope you are having a great summer filled with great times with family, hopefully some well needed vacation, and enjoying all this rain! Anyway, just updating you guys on what is happening here at Musicology this summer: Musicology School of [...]
Here are 6 quick tips to help you succeed in your musical endeavors in 2013: 1. Set a goal Notice I said a goal. It’s difficult to focus on too many different things at once, so just choose a few at a time.You want to be specific and realistic about your goals [...]
GIVE THE GIFT OF MUSIC THIS CHRISTMAS. An experience is worth more than any material object…. Call us about gift certificates (727) 723-1000. First lesson is on us. Merry Christmas and a Happy 2013 from Musicology. Musicology will be closed after December 22. Classes will start up again January 7th 2013. Have a Merry Christmas [...]